Thursday, October 16, 2008

Fear the Ear

A recent trip back to my Alma Mater proved to be a breeding grounds for ridiculous things.  Let's talk school spirit... I don't mean knowing the words to the school fight song, or wearing a t-shirt with the college emblem emblazoned upon it.  I'm talking about giving up all self-respect in the name of loyalty.  And that I did...


Why am I wearing a foam, corn shaped hat, you ask?  That is because I am a proud Cobber.  That's right, for 4 years I worshiped a mascot that most (ok ALL) outsiders scoffed at.  But as the saying goes, "absence makes the heart grow fonder", and here I am, 5 years later, still partaking in ridiculous Cobber rituals while sporting a foam cob of corn.  What you can't see is my sweatshirt underneath that rain coat proclaiming "Fear the Ear" in maroon and gold!

...apparently our competition at the homecoming game, the St. Thomas Tommies, didn't get the memo, because they didn't so much "fear the ear" as they did "completely take advantage of a bunch of guys with music scholarships trying to play football for the ear". We lost 13-14.

2 comments:

Angela said...

At least the Cobbers probably have a great band

Thuesen said...

13-14 isn't horrible. but i can't believe you have a fear the ear sweatshirt. i'd be jealous, but i don't have the energy right now. it is day4.