Thursday, September 25, 2008

So there i was...

This was ALMOST the scene this morning, as I was on my way to work, minding my own business...only my car is slightly smaller than that Peterbilt.


To quote Paul Harvey, "and now, the rest of the story..."

I was headed north on First Ave. East, when I took a left turn just before the fire station.  As I rounded the corner, I noticed a cop car parked along the curb, and I thought to my self "you better mind your P's and Q's, there the fuzz..." Before I knew it, I was slamming on my breaks and reaching for the horn, as the officer pulls off the curb, into MY lane, without signaling, or doing a visual check. As I'm forced into the median, I have second thoughts about laying on my horn and making rude gestures with a certain finger...."Wait that's a cop...should I honk?...maybe I did something wrong? Have I been drinking? I'm really not in the mood for a disorderly conduct ticket".  What was I thinking? Of course I hadn't been drinking, it was 7:45 am and I was on my way to work. I had done nothing wrong!!!  But by the time I realized what had just happened, I looked at my passenger, sitting and staring with jaw dropping amazement, wondering if she had just seen what I had seen. She had, and was in such shock that she didn't have time to reach for her camera and capture the scene for our collection of “ridiculous things”.  So I've posted a picture of a "similar" situation... Ok, not really similar.  There was no contact between me and the cop, and I was certainly not driving a Peterbilt.  I’m sure the officer went on with the rest of his day without a care in the world...besides of course cleaning up the streets of Gotham, er, I mean Kalispell.  Maybe he should start with taking some driving lessons.  
 


1 comment:

Angela said...

The only difference is the color of stripes on the cop car.